Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

Sometimes I find it inappropriate to say "Happy" Veterans Day, since so many have been lost. It's a day to remember the sacrifices those gave for their duty. Like Sugarbear tail number 171, aka Dry Ice 41. A painting of her and her crew hangs in our living room as a reminder. Also the huge heartbreaking loss of a hooker crew, night stalkers, & sEALs earlier this year in Afghanistan. So I would like to say "thank you" to my heros, Uncle Jack and step-dad Unyun. You guys are amazing. I hope Jack becomes even just half the man that you both are. And thank you to my fellas and a couple ladies scattered across Afghanistan right now with the Sugarbears. I miss you like crazy and wish I was there. Jack can't wait to meet all of his crazy Uncles and a couple Aunts. But most of all, his dad. He is very happy that this will be his last mission. We are hosting a dinner tonight, with the crazy Uncles' wives and children and can't wait. I am making tortilla soup! Before that, we are going to join Nicole & Savanna at a holiday bizarre in town. No Carla, no stroller. Here are a couple pictures from our morning so far...

Even through a dirty window & powerlines,  the sunrise is amazing!

And my little turkey is sleeping through it!
I am still in awe that a 12 pound turkey can take
up my entire bed!

He is just like his father.  Does not want to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment