... of living in North Pole. It seems like whenever you call a company that's based outside (that's in the lower 48 for all of you non-Alaskans) they never believe you when you say you live in North Pole. I have actually had representatives of some companies laugh and hang up on me. Or ask, "who is this really? I'm at work I don't have time for games." Alas, yes, North Pole, Alaska is a real city in a real state. Here is a recount of my telephone experience with an ADT representative this morning...
ADT rep (after taking my name and the street address): "And the city?"
Me: "North Pole"
ADT rep: "Excuse me?"
Me: "North. Pole."
ADT rep: "Uh, right... State?"
Me: "Alaska"
ADT rep: "Nebraska."
Me: "No. Alaska."
ADT rep: "I don't have a North Pole, Nebraska."
Me: "Right, because I said Alaska. Ahhh-lass-kaaaaah."
ADT rep: "And your zip code in *condescending laugh* North Pooole?"
Me: "99705."
ADT rep: *type type type* "Oh. It does exist. Here it is on Google maps. Wow."
No comments:
Post a Comment